All researchers and research support staff who are interested in research data management (RDM) and want to find out more about it are welcome to join the VU RDM Community. The objective of the network is to exchange knowledge and inspire each other. You can take part in the following activities:
- monthly Data Conversations (now online) meetings.
- monthly RDM community calls for the RDM Support staff. To get on the mailing list, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
With questions about RDM you can either contact your faculty’s data steward or the RDM Support Desk: email@example.com
Stay up to date about our activities
- Sign up for our bi-monthly VU Research Support Newsletter.
- Follow and interact with us on Twitter @VU_RDM_Support
VU Data stewards for disciplinary support
A faculty or institute data steward is a primary point of contact for any questions related to research data management (RDM). If your faculty does not have a data steward or you are unsure whom to contact, you are welcome to send your question to the central contact point, firstname.lastname@example.org; we will make sure that your question reaches the right person. Data Stewards provide disciplinary support, answer questions, provide advice, and help develop appropriate solutions for research data management and sharing.
Contact your data steward for:
• Preparing data management paragraphs & plans (DMP)
• Advice on how to budget data management costs in grant proposals
• Setting up secure data storage
• Advice on good data management practice
• Information about data archiving
• Any other research data questions
Current data stewards at VU Amsterdam
- Academisch Centrum Tandheelkunde Amsterdam (ACTA dentistry): Bart Hattink, email@example.com
- Amsterdam Institute for Molecules, Medicines and Systems (AIMMS): Brett Olivier, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Faculty of Humanities: contact email@example.com
- Faculty of Behavioural and Movement Sciences: Jessica Hrudey, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Faculty of Medicine: contact email@example.com
- Faculty of Law: Thomas Hoogenboom THoogenboom@nscr.nl
- Faculty of Religion and Theology: contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Faculty of Sciences: Brett Olivier & Christine Dijk, email@example.com
- Faculty of Social Sciences: Koen Leuveld firstname.lastname@example.org
- School of Business and Economics: contact Kacana Sipangule Khadjavi email@example.com
Community manager RDM
Lena Karvovskaya is VU Amsterdam's RDM Community manager. She visits RDM expertise meetings and conferences at home and abroad and takes care of the proper dissemination of the latest knowledge throughout VU Amsterdam.
The VU Data Conversations are intended for VU Amsterdam researchers, support and management staff, data stewards and data specialists. The goal of these meetings is to create a space for knowledge sharing between different faculties and disciplines. The topics we discuss include research transparency, reproducibility, open methods and open data.
The meetings start with a brief presentation, after which the floor is thrown open for discussion.
The first Data Conversation took place in June 2019.
View the presentations.
You can find information about the upcoming Data Conversations in the VU libcal.
Thinking of giving a Data Conversation presentation yourself?
We are planning for the new Data Conversation meeting. If you would like to give a brief presentation on data management, open data, open methods or reproducible research, please fill out this form. We are keen to receive input from researchers.
Vibrant research communities in Amsterdam
If you are interested in open science, research reproducibility, programming skills and methodology of working with data, you might want to check out some of the groups and meeting series listed below.