Guest lectures and workshops on information skills
Our subject librarians can provide workshops or classes on how to search for literature or data as a part of your course.
Course materials for your information skills teaching
Would you like to devote attention in your course to finding and evaluating literature and/or data?
- Consult the LibGuide on Information skills for Lecturers (in Dutch). This Guide contains, among other things, course material, exam questions and example assignments.
Data support for teachers
If you teach a course that frequently requires students to work with data, our data specialists can:
- organise a workshop or class to incorporate into your course;
- help you find suitable data for exercises or examples.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss the options.
Copyright and the Easy Access Regulation
We offer advice on Copyright, the Easy Access Regulation and using teaching materials in Canvas.
Sources for finding Open Educational Resources
Check this list of databases and websites.
Online Library Guides and free workshops
We offer staff and students:
- online LibGuides about finding literature tailored to your specific field & finding data;
- free workshops about finding literature or data and about referencing with Endnote.
Heritage laid out in front of the class
Interested in using early printed or handwritten works or academic heritage during your class? In the Library Lab, you can. Please contact our curators:
- Early printed and handwritten works in Education: Willemien van Dijk, e-mail email@example.com
- Academic Heritage: Lizelotte Neervoort, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Curating physical or online exhibitions
Lecturers are warmly invited to take a turn as guest curator. You could have your students put together a physical or online exposition instead of writing a paper.
Would you like to 3D print an object to improve students’ understanding of your teaching? If so, please contact Sylvia Moes, e-mail email@example.com
Teaching café in the Library Lab
Twice a month, you are welcome to attend the VU Teaching café in the Library Lab (HG, 1B-21). During these get-togethers, the University Library, the AVC, LEARN! Academy, Student & Educational Affairs and KnowVU will offer a range of inspirational sessions. The Teaching café is an ideal opportunity for lecturers to ask questions and exchange experiences.
Would you like to keep informed of VU Library activities and services for lecturers?