Items must be returned within 4 weeks. Check 'My account' in Libsearch to see when the items must be returned.
Two days before the end of the loan period we will send you a reminder by e-mail. Note: this only applies to books with a loan period of 4 weeks.
You can return items
1. At every library desk during opening hours (see Desks, opening hours).
2. In the Book Return Box. You find these:
- VU Main Building, ground floor (next to VU bookshop)
- 9th floor, B-wing, VU Main Building. Please note: only items returned in this box before 4 pm will be administered the same day. During Library desk closing times the Book Return Box will not be processed. For summer and Holiday opening hours see Desks, opening hours
- Initium, second floor. Please note: materials returned in this box from Monday through Friday before 1.30 pm will be administered the same day.
You can have someone else return your books or you can send them by mail (at the borrower's risk).
Fines and blocking of borrowing privileges
Fines are € 0,10 per day for each overdue item (course literature € 2,50 per day). Fines can be paid (bank card) on returning items or afterwards (the amount due remains open).
Fines on items still checked out cannot be paid.
When fines total € 20,- your library card will be blocked and borrowing privileges will be suspended. After payment of the fine normal services will be resumed.
Becoming a member of more Amsterdam Libraries
With the AdamNet card (€ 45 p.a.) you can use the borrowing facilities of several Amsterdam libraries. The AdamNet card can be obtained from the 1st floor Main Building library desk (opening hours).