Items must be returned within 4 weeks. Check 'My account' in Libsearch to see when the items must be returned. Journals must be returned the same day.
Two days before the end of the lending period we will send you a reminder by e-mail. Note: This only applies to books with a loan period of 1 week or longer.
You can return items
1. At every library desk during opening hours (see Desks, opening hours).
2. in a Book Return Box. You find them:
- in the VU Main Building, ground floor, next to VU bookshop; available outside opening hours.
- VU main building 9th floor, during opening times. NB: Only items returned in this box before 4 pm will be administered the same day. On closing days of the University Library desk in the Main Building the Book Return Boxes are not being emptied.
- Initium, second floor. Please note: materials returned in this box from Monday through Friday before 1.30 pm will be administered the same day.
You can have someone else return your books or you can send them by mail (at the borrower's risk).
Fines and blocking of borrowing privileges
Fines are € 0,10 per day for each overdue item (exam books € 2,50 per day). Fines can be paid (bank card) on returning items or later (until fully paid, the amount remains open).
Fines on items still checked out cannot be paid.
When fines total € 20,- your library card will be blocked and borrowing privileges will be suspended. After payment of the fine normal services will be resumed.